Up with Chris Hayes – OWS organizes May Day strike
The Occupy Wall Street movement is organizing a nationwide strike on May 1st, the International Workers Day. The Up w/ Chris Hayes panelists discuss the history of worker strikes in the US, their subsequent decline, and how Occupy plans to revive labor protests.
If video doesn’t show up, go here
With the Occupy Wall Street movement calling on supporters to join their strike on Tuesday, the Up w/ Chris Hayes panelists discuss the interests that unite the participants and beneficiaries of such a protest.
- Occupy Wall Street, Take Two (thedailybeast.com)
- Tom Morello urges fans, musicians to strike on May Day with Occupy Wall Street (examiner.com)
- Occupy Prepares For May Day: No Work, No School, No Banking (commondreams.org)
- Occupy’s Big Stakes on May Day: Relevance (motherjones.com)
- On May Day, Expect Scores of Rallies, Marches, Creative Actions — And What About That General Strike? (alternet.org)